NOTD | Maybelline Apple Candy & ArtDeco Ombre

21 comments


Hi lovelies!

It has been a while I did a NOTD post. As I was sitting thinking what nail polishes or nail art I should come up with for this post I also thought how about if I should re-use my old nail polishes rather than new ones. After all we don’t throw away a nail polish after using it just once. I also wanted to challenge myself to see what I can create from what I already have. Hypothesis of my Project Duex is that it's going to be awesome!

So today I used two of my most favorite nail polishes, reviews of which I have already posted in the past. The first one is Maybelline ColoRama in Apple Candy and the second is ArtDeco's 11.292 which is a beautiful gold glitter nail polish. Here is how I created this. I started with clean nails and applied 3 coats of Apple Candy. I wanted the color to be really rich and deep. Once completely dry I took a small piece of sponge and dabbed very gently my next nail polish which is ArtDeco's 11.292 gold shimmer. This time I worked from the tip of the nail and backwards. With very gentle patting I tried to create a gradient. I repeated this multiple times until I was convinced that I had achieved the look I wanted to create. Voila!

NOTD: Gradient with Maybelline Apple Candy and ArtDeco's 11.292

NOTD: Gradient with Maybelline Apple Candy and ArtDeco's 11.292
NOTD: Gradient with Maybelline Apple Candy and ArtDeco's 11.292







 
If you plan to create a similar look for your nails here are my tips.
 
♥ Once you apply your base nail polish give it plenty of time to settle down and dry completely. I went ahead to harvest my crops, collect pies, cheese, butter, sugar, wool and attend my sheep and cows at Hay-Day, my latest addiction! Ha-ha! If you do not, patting on another nail polish when the base is still tacky will create a mess and look untidy.

♥ When applying your top nail polish to the sponge put as little as you can and work with that. If you feel all of it has been used put a little more. That would help you achieve a neat look.

♥ Draw a horizontal imaginary line on your nail and try not to go too far ahead of this line. You want both shades to look balanced.

NOTD: Gradient with Maybelline Apple Candy and ArtDeco's 11.292

NOTD: Gradient with Maybelline Apple Candy and ArtDeco's 11.292
NOTD: Gradient with Maybelline Apple Candy and ArtDeco's 11.292




I think this looks stunning! And I saw so many people notice what I had done on my nails. I'm really proud and already thinking what else can I achieve with these two nail polishes - Project Duex.

Would you give it a try?

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

21 comments:

  1. Ooo this is lovely! I'm so not into nail art but I could actually do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh such pretty nails, I love the ombre effect xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nail art looks gorgeous!! I definitely need to tryt this xx
    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I've never attempted something like this.
    So happy I found your blog, now following you.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/
    New huge Sephora haul ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I'll check out your blog too.

      Delete
  5. They look amazing! Anything sparkly is always a winner in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple candy looks like THE perfect red colour! x

    Albertine

    dippywrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed its the perfect red I ever came across.

      Delete
  7. That design is so cute. People post such complicated ones that there's no way I could do but this is do-able! Love it!

    Coffee Kisses, xo
    Alicia
    Lattes & Lacee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I created this one on my own. Its simple, cute & requires less effort. xx

      Delete
  8. This looks amazing!! I really want to try it!!

    Great post and a really nice blog!!

    Katrina X

    http://history-neverrepeats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails look wonderful! I like nail art that I can actually do .. and your design looks do-able ;-)

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig