Dior Addict Eau de Toilette | My New Fragrance

2 comments
Hi Lovelies,

During summer this year my most favorite summer fragrance has been, yes you guessed it right Chanel Chance Eau de Tendre. It is the perfect fruity-floral fragrance and a better version of the original. However, when autumn sets in I prefer warmer, woody-floral fragrances with hints of vanilla and sandalwood. When I had to finally step out and find a new fall fragrance Dior Addict Eau de Toilette was love at first sight. The House of Dior has always fired dreams. Dreams of women and their beauty, their pleasures and their freedom. Dior Addict Eau de Toilette is part of Dior's line of luminous and sensual fragrances revealing a subtle sense of freshness and sensuality. It is the reinterpretation of the original Addict which was launched back in 2002. I love the new packaging. The bottle has become nobler, affirming the sophisticated charm of Dior. It is more graphic, light and transparent than before and is displayed as a beautiful object. The new design has a sleek and feminine feel to it.
Dior Addict Eau de Toilette
Dior Addict Eau de Toilette

Out of the three fragrances in this line I chose Dior Addict Eau de Toilette as I found it most appealing of them all. It smells divine! The fragrance is intuitively beautiful and freely seductive. I prefer testing perfumes on myself around the wrist rather than on a paper. I personally think perfume sprayed on the skin gives you the best results. I usually spray on my wrist, go around for a while and sniff from time to time. This gives me time to experience the fragrance and decide if I should go for the purchase or not. When I did the same with Dior Addict Eau de Toilette I was mesmerized. I would be lying if I say I did not know at that time that this was exactly the fragrance I would go for - for fall season.

When it comes to notes, the harmony of Sicilian Mandarin, Jasmine Sambac, Tunisian Neroli, Sandalwood with a hint of Vanilla is timeless. Top note is Sicilian Mandarin which grows in Mediterranean but Sicily is where the best Mandarins are to be found. This adds a fruity touch to the fragrance. Heart notes is the luminous Jasmine Sambac Absolute which is an eminently Dior flower. Rich and faceted, it is a symbol of soft femininity. Indian Jasmine Absolute brings a mix of strength, delicateness and character to this fragrance. Base notes are Sandalwood with a hint of Vanilla. Sandalwood is one of the most sought after centuries old variety in the world. Sandalwood essence a sensual, subtle woody base and personally I believe I haven't come across a more sophisticated woody-floral fragrance than Dior Addict.

Dior Addict Eau de Toilette is a charming feminine fragrance which is light and fresh which can be worn both during the day and at night time. I absolutely love the woody charm of Sandalwood infused with Jasmine Sambac that delicately lingers on leaving behind a hint of vanilla. This is one fragrance that I instantly fell in love with and cannot recommend it enough. It would make a perfect gift for your best friend and mom. Next time you go for a perfume hunt, do give this one a try.

Love at first sight..

Available ONLINE
Selfridges  ||  50ml  £55.00  ::  100ml  £79.00
Boots  ||  50ml £55.00 or 5,500 points  ::  100ml  £78.50 or 7,850 points
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and review! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig