The 'Scandalous' Red Musk Launch | The Body Shop

12 comments
Hi Lovelies,

So in my last post I mentioned being invited to the launch of Red Musk, a spicy and sexy fragrance by The Body Shop created by pepper, cinnamon and tobacco - no flowers whatsoever!. What an evening! I was absolutely excited to be at the venue to see what was in store for everyone. The one of a kind scandalous themed fashion show brought together on the runway the promotion of one of the most classic fragrance ever by The Body Shop - the daring RED MUSK featuring the trendiest and influentially bold "Arora" by designer Roma Azmat. The launch definitely broke the conventional manner of launching fragrances and was one of it's kind in the city.

Photos above: The Body Shop Pakistan Facebook Page

Break the rules & play the game!

Loved by many, the scent Wood Musk by The Body Shop was discounted seventeen years back. The loyal customer waited eagerly rather pleaded The Body Shop to bring Musk back. The Body Shop re-launched Red Musk, the first man-made cruelty free musk. A distinctively different fragrance with spiced musk and hot notes of cinnamon and tobacco, Red Musk defies conventional fragrance - that's sexy! I'll be sharing a detailed review of the fragrance in my later post. Today I want to focus more on the launch event which was one of it's kind in Islamabad.

Can you handle scandal? 

The blazing lights, the ramp, screens and white lounge set the mood for the evening at the Aura Grande Marquee in Islamabad last Sunday. The evening was a blend a fashion ramp walk, singing and dance performances with the fragrance launch as the center of attraction. The daring, sensual and 'scandalous' range of clothing line by Arora blended with the sensual image of Red Musk so well! The clothing line was all western wear; ranging from casual wear to formal evening wear along with a Valentine Collection of mostly red sequined gowns. The showcased line amplified the attitude, the attitude being 'scandalous'! Arora unveiled impressively and skin was definitely 'in' for the evening, for now and forever. Serena Shirin Khan did a good job choreographing the ramp walk. Faiza's, one of the best names in makeup artists, ultra modern touch ups using The Body Shop enhanced the look of models in particular and the whole event in general. 

Photos: My IPhone6 / Top right: Aqib Mughal Photography

Let's talk about Saima Azhar - the show stopper and definitely a plus-size model. She had previously appeared on the launch of The Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose as well. It took me a while, and a video made by myself in my IPhone at the event, to figure out that she was a plus size model (I don't mind though) since this was the first time I saw her walk down the ramp spraying Red Musk in a sensual manner. She appears twice during the show: first time wearing a red, sequined halter-neck dress and second time wearing a black sequined off shoulder evening gown. I admit I was pretty impressed with the way she carried herself on the ramp. Too bad that I was sitting at the side and could not see the whole act of her spraying the sensual Red Musk in a rather inviting manner. Nevertheless, she did exhibit a lot of confidence in her bold attire; her big, voluminous hair, sultry makeup and sky high heels synced well with the overall theme of the evening. Here's two of the many videos I made just to give you an idea about the evening. Sorry for the poor video quality, I used my phone.
Each segment of the fashion show was divided between music and dance performances. Umair Jaswal, Pakistan's pioneer in Progressive Rock music performed his song Pal while Maria Fatima Unera Qureshi, Nescafe Basement promising talent performed her number as models marched through. Whereas, Veer Andrew dance troupe, a local and young dance group from Karachi performed absolutely impressively on famous numbers like "Get Low". Constantine PR managed to successfully pull off everything brilliantly, the work done was pure quality and every aspect of the event was well arranged.

Photos: The Body Shop Pakistan Facebook Page
The 'Scandalous' Red Musk Launch was the talk of the town and a huge success. People from all walks of life from socialites to celebrities to media to corporate slaves like myself attended the evening and stayed back till the end. Since I was invited as a beauty blogger to attend and cover the event, I received a lovely goodie bag from The Body Shop and Constantine PR at the end of the show which was a pleasant treat undoubtedly! I wait anxiously for another event from The Body Shop and Constantine PR.

Stay tuned for the complete review of the Red Musk fragrance coming up soon.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so cool! I wish that we had big launches like that where I live ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honour for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3 Let me know what you think about my blog!

    FloralBeautii.blogspot.com

    Great post BTW x

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems like a really cool event and i'll have to check that scent out!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really admire your photography and enjoy posts..
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just found your blog and I really like it!

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks like an incredible night!

    Jenn from jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post <3 Have nice day <3 :* <3
    Follow to follow ?
    Starts ! <3

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig